Sunday 10 November 2013

Meaningless Platitudes

The meaningless platitude of a quote tattoo, signifying the shallowness of the wearer. Noted today on the arm of a checkout girl:

"Live the life you love, love the life you live." - Bob Marley

The glorification of the pop star, the entertainer, rather than the people who actually make the world. Enough that some shallow, vapid blonde working in a liquor store will indelibly mark it into her body.

Yes, live the life you love. I think you took a wrong turn somewhere girl: I honestly cannot imagine that you really love the life of a checkout girl. But hey, apparantly you do.

I prefer the young checkout girl in the supermarket where I bought my salmon for dinner - she had a design of flower buds on her forearm/wrist. Halfway cute too, definitely not a made-up blonde with slit eyes.

Time to go cook my salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment